Information and advice on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
The health and wellbeing of our staff, customers and the community is our top priority.
As a Translink operator, Hornibrook Bus Lines are closely monitoring the current outbreak of the COVID-19 and putting precautionary actions in place, as required.
Precautionary cleaning / sterilising actions already in place include:
- Additional and strict daily cleaning and sanitising across our entire fleet and depots, with special attention on high touch areas
- Sanitisation stations are at key locations in our depots to support our staff in good hygiene practices
- Provision of sanitiser to all drivers
Precautionary measures already in place on our bus fleet
- The front seats of our fleet have now been isolated. This measure is to protect our staff in line with the social distancing guidance from the Australian Government.
- On 25 March 2020 Translink announced that cash payments will no longer be available on Translink services.
- A two-week (14 day) ‘grace period’ will be provided to allow those without a go card to obtain one. Within this period, those wishing to pay cash will be allowed to travel, but are advised that a go card will be required as of 06 April 2020.
- Go cards are no longer be able to be topped up on board.
- Go cards can be purchased and topped up at a large range of retailers such as 7 Elevens, Night Owls, and Queensland Rail station ticket offices. Go cards may also be topped up online. A list of retail locations and instructions for topping up online can be found on the TransLink website.
Lost property and attending our depot
At this stage our drivers will maintain retrieving lost property, however only valuable items (wallets, keys, phones, jewellery etc.) will be returned.
Perishable items (groceries), drink bottles and other items of low value will be disposed of.
Please contact our office on 07 3284 1622 to confirm if lost property has been picked up, and if it has been retained or disposed of.
Please do not attend our depot unless you have made a previous appointment. If you have made an appointment, please attend the Clontarf Depot and remain behind the line in the reception area.
What our customers can do
- Follow the advice of the Australian Government and QLD Health
- Stay at home and avoid travelling altogether if you are unwell
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands frequently
- Use your Go Card
- Please contact via phone or email rather than attending site.
Keep up to date with how the Coronavirus (COVID19) is affecting public transport on the Translink website.